Why Have a Website for Small Business?
In Today’s technological world of information on the fly….having a website is a critical piece of your businesses and your businesses image! A great website can help your business soar! It effectively communicates 24/7, 365 days a year, doesn’t need meal breaks, and can work without supervision. And it can answer questions, provide important product information, and generate new leads to conversion.
A Nielsen Company audience report for the first-quarter of 2018, shows consumers spent three hours and 48 minutes a day on digital mediums, and 62% of that time is attributed to app/web usage on smartphones. This means that users are online with their smartphones an average of 2.5 hours a day!
According to a Pew Report (April 22, 2019) In the U.S.A. 90% of people are internet users.
These stats should tell you that there are a whole lot of eyeballs that could be visiting your business's website - if you had one. But if this information doesn't inspire you to develop a website, here are 7 more reasons:
1) People use the internet like they used to use the phone book.
Potential customers are using their Smartphones and tablets to decide where to go and what to buy. So if your small business is not showing up in local searches, people searching will find your local competitors business instead of yours.
2) A website gives your business credibility.People expect businesses to have their own website. In fact, your website is generally your first point of contact with a potential customer. With that being said, your website is a magnet for judgment, and this judgment isn’t limited to the website itself - it carries over into the way users perceive the company as a whole.
A bad website can tarnish a company’s credibility significantly—but a quality website can help a company extend its sphere of influence and create leads. Design Matters!
3) A website serves as a digital business card,
providing searchers with information about your business and what you can do for them 24/7 365 days a year! But if you actually want more business, a business website is no different than a business card - a must-have for any business! And a business website is not just for e-commerce either!
4) A website gives you another marketing channel.Having a website gives you an automatic online presence. Think of it as an online billboard. Instantly you have another chance to introduce people to your products and services and a way for people to find you. (Of course, how many eyes your billboard attracts will depend on your conscious marketing efforts to get people's attention, such as Search Engine Optimization, blogging, using social media, and online advertising.)
5) A website gives you another opportunity for data collection/lead generation.For instance, getting people to write their email addresses on pieces of paper and handing them in at a physical storefront is hard. But getting people to type their email address into a box on a website is much, much easier - especially if they perceive that they're getting something for it, such as a newsletter, a special report or an ebook. And once you have the email address, you have another way to reach your potential customer.
6) E-Commerce spending is increasing every year.In the U.S., consumers retail e-commerce sales are forecasted to grow at a fast pace in the coming years, growing to just over 684 billion US dollars in 2020. Obviously consumers want online options.
7) Webrooming can lead customers into your store.
Another reason to have a website for your small business is that if you have a brick-and-mortar business, investing in building an online presence such as an e-commerce website can increase your offline store’s profits thanks to the growing popularity of webrooming.
Webrooming is when a customer researches items online before purchasing them in-store!
Over 90 percent of global purchases are still happening offline, proving that webrooming is still most people's shopping preference.
What’s Your Reason for Not Being Online?
One small business man I spoke to, told me that he didn’t have a website because he wasn’t looking for any more business. He’s an electrician and as busy as he wants to be for the foreseeable future.
Don't know where to start?
Need help setting up a website for your business?
Give us a call 941-220-9722! Halo Creatives will be happy to help you.
We offer Monthly Pay Website Packages to keep your cash flowing!
View our website packages & portfolio at: HaloCreatives.com.
#websitedesign #websites #internet #localgraphicdesigncompany #localwebsitedesigncompany #mobilefriendlydesign #sarasotawebdesign #sarasotawebsiteagency #sarasotawebsitedesigncompany #sarasotawebsitehelp #SearchEngineOptimization #mobilefriendlywebsitecompany #MobileFriendlyWebdesignCompany #Googlemobilefriendlywebsites #GoogleWebsiteSecurityconnectedtoSearchResult #SEO #securewebsite #whyisamobilefriendlywebsiteimportant #whyisasecurewebsitesoimportant